Thank you to those who attended our Coffee Morning on Thursday 4th May. We hope you found this useful in further understanding the provision and support available at Cypress Primary School for children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities) and specifically Dyslexia and Dyscalculia. Thanks to Taryn McLelland for leading our coffee morning today.
Here are some links to some useful resources and websites:
- SEND at Pegasus
- Croydon’s ‘Local Offer’ – information, activity clubs, resources
- Croydon SENDIASS provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support. They also have a range of useful resources on their website.
- Chatterbox SALT groups leaflet
- Children’s Centres leaflet (0-5 years)
- National Autistic Society (NAS) resources: Family Support referral form, NAS service leaflet, NAS course for under 5s with social communication difficulties
- Free Stepping Stones Triple P parenting programme (ask Ms McLelland for a referral)
- Support for families experiencing Emotionally Based School Avoidance: West Sussex County Council and Suffolk County Council
Ms McLelland, Mrs Sorensen and Miss Binks are always happy to support families with any advice or referrals. Please catch one of us on the school gates or email the school office.
Save the date!
Our final coffee morning of the academic year will be on Tuesday 4th July at 9.15am in the Community Room (Lower School). We are planning to focus on strategies for parents to support their child’s transition into the next school year. Ms McLelland is asking families to share what else they’d find useful so please email her if you have any feedback.