Dear Parents and Carers
Introducing ‘Studybugs’ – our new system for securely reporting absence as well staying in touch with the school.
In response to parental suggestions, and in order to take advantage of the best new technology available, we are pleased to announce that we are rolling out a new way communicating with parents and carers – through a system called ‘Studybugs’. Studybugs offers a way to quickly report your child’s absence as well as a way for our schools to get in touch with our families. Multiple users can be added rather than just the single user allowed at the moment on our texting systems, which has caused families some frustration in the past. We hope to have this all up and running shortly and it will eventually replace our current SMS texting systems, allowing parents to have school comms sent to e-mail addresses as well as a dedicated app, according to their own preference.
The first part of the process is for parents to register on the system. You can do this in multiple ways:
- Through the Studybugs website: https://studybugs.com/about/parents (this will also give you the chance to use your Facebook login details if you find that easier;
- (Iphone users) By downloading the App from the App store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id695307170
- (Android users) By downloading the App from GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sickly.app
Ideally the e-mail details you use to login would match the contact details at the school so if you have a number of e-mail addresses please use the one we have on our systems. School staff will be able to help with this if you are in any doubt. This system goes live across all schools on Monday 3rd July 2023. We hope this will be an improvement on our present systems and allow for the timely collection of attendance information and prompt follow up.
Many thanks for your help with this new initiative
Top 3 reasons to use Studybugs
- It’s integrated with our school systems so we know right away if your child is unaccounted for;
- It’s quick and easy to register and use and automatically reminds you to keep us posted about absence;
- You’ll be helping the NHS and other public health organisations improve children’s health.