Thank you to those who were able to attend our Coffee Morning on Thursday. We hope you found this useful in further understanding the provision and support available at Cypress Primary School for children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities). For those who were unable to make it and would like to find out more, please see our presentation and resources below.
Here are some links to some of the resources and websites we discussed:
- SEND at Pegasus
- Croydon’s ‘Local Offer’ – information, activity clubs, resources
- Croydon SENDIASS provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support. They also have a range of useful resources on their website.
- Free online parent course ‘supporting Neurodiversity within families’
- National Autistic Society (NAS) resources: Family Support referral form, NAS service leaflet, NAS course for under 5s with social communication difficulties
- Free Stepping Stones Triple P parenting programme (see image below and ask Ms McLelland for a referral)
- ‘Off the Record’ webinar about School Avoidance: https://www.talkofftherecord.org/merton/support-for-parents-carers/
We have 2 free places for Cypress families on the next National Autistic Society course ‘stepping up’, which will be held at CYP Lower from January. Please contact Ms McLelland if you’re interested.
Ms McLelland, Mrs Sorensen and Mrs Carpenter are always happy to support families with any advice or referrals. Please catch one of us on the school gates or email the school office.
Save the dates!
National Autistic Society Coffee Morning @ Cypress – Monday 23rd January 9am
Cypress Coffee Morning (SEND focus/ Speech and Language) – Thursday 2nd February at 9.15am