Thank you to those who attended our Coffee Morning on Tuesday 4th July. We hope you found this useful in further understanding the provision and support available at Cypress Primary School for children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities) and specifically Dyslexia and Dyscalculia. Thanks to Taryn McLelland and Suelaka Ebrahim for leading our coffee morning.
Ms McLelland is leaving Cypress Primary School at the end of this academic year to take up a promotion at local school and we are very sad to see her leave. We know many parents will wish to join us in thanking her for her hard work at Cypress and support for so many of our children and families. Mrs Ebrahim, who many of you already know as Indigo class teacher, will be our new Inclusion Manager from September 2023.
Here are some links to some useful resources and websites:
- SEND at Pegasus
- Croydon’s ‘Local Offer’ – information, activity clubs, resources
- Croydon SENDIASS provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support. They also have a range of useful resources on their website.
- Chatterbox SALT groups leaflet
- Children’s Centre leaflet – june-july-2023
- National Autistic Society (NAS) resources: Family Support referral form, NAS service leaflet, NAS course for under 5s with social communication difficulties
- Free Stepping Stones Triple P parenting programme (ask Mrs Ebrahim for a referral)
- Support for families experiencing Emotionally Based School Avoidance: West Sussex County Council and Suffolk County Council
Ms McLelland, Mrs Ebrahim, Mrs Sorensen and Miss Binks are always happy to support families with any advice or referrals. Please catch one of us on the school gates or email the school office.