Thank you to those who attended our Coffee Morning on Thursday 2nd February. We hope you found this useful in further understanding the provision and support available at Cypress Primary School for children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities). Thank you to Robyn and Lisa from ‘Love To Communicate’ for sharing their work at Cypress along with some useful information about supporting children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs. We have attached their presentation below for those who were unable to join us.
Here are some links to some of the resources and websites we discussed:
- SEND at Pegasus
- Croydon’s ‘Local Offer’ – information, activity clubs, resources
- Croydon SENDIASS provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support. They also have a range of useful resources on their website.
- Chatterbox SALT groups leaflet
- Children’s Centres leaflet (0-5 years)
- Free online parent course ‘supporting Neurodiversity within families’
- National Autistic Society (NAS) resources: Family Support referral form, NAS service leaflet, NAS course for under 5s with social communication difficulties
- Free Stepping Stones Triple P parenting programme (see image below and ask Ms McLelland for a referral)
- ‘Off the Record’ webinar about School Avoidance: https://www.talkofftherecord.org/merton/support-for-parents-carers/
- Support for families experiencing Emotionally Based School Avoidance: West Sussex County Council and Suffolk County Council
Ms McLelland, Mrs Sorensen and Miss Binks are always happy to support families with any advice or referrals. Please catch one of us on the school gates or email the school office.
Save the date!
Cypress Coffee Morning (SEND focus along with a presentation from the Mental Health Schools Team) – Thursday 23rd March at 9.15am