We have been celebrating Friendship Week and thinking about all the ways we can be good friends. We have also learnt about what bullying is and who to talk to if we are worried. We were treated to a fantastic assembly from Violet class, who showed us some role-play examples of how to be a good friend and reminded us to speak to an adult if we needed help. Everyone wore odd socks to school on Monday to celebrate their uniqueness and we sang the Anti-Bullying Alliance song for 2021: One Kind Word (click here). On Friday we all wore our pyjamas to school (including the staff!), and we raised nearly £250 for ‘Children in Need’ which will be donated to support children across the UK. We hope everyone was able to stay awake during their lessons today as we all looked ready for bed!
This week our School Council met to discuss future plans and they have decided to fundraise for ‘Save the Children’ by wearing Christmas jumpers to school on Friday 10th December. Keep an eye out for their posters! Please also make a note of these Christmas event dates (more details to follow):
- Christmas Jumper Day – Friday 10th December
- Reception Nativity – Friday 10th December, 9.30am
- Year 1 Christmas singing performance – Friday 10th December, 2.30pm
- Year 2 Christmas signing performance – Tuesday 14th December, 2.30pm
- Little Cypress Christmas singing performances – Thursday 16th December, 11am and 2.30pm
- Cypress Christmas dinner day – Thursday 16th December (please send your forms back to the office)
Next week we are celebrating Road Safety Week and thinking of all the ways we can keep ourselves safe. Please click here to read the letter containing more information. We look forward to seeing everyone wearing a brightly coloured t-shirt next Friday 26th November for Road Safe-Tee Day (no donations needed).
We’ve had a fantastic week and hope that everyone has a great weekend!
Mrs Sorensen and the CYP Lower Team