A few weeks ago, we set all children a photo challenge to read a book in most unusual or funny place they could think of. We had lots and lots of fantastic entries from swimming pool poses to sitting in the boot of a car among the scooters and shopping bags. This afternoon, members of the school council sat together to select the winners. The judges spent some time looking closely at the photos, thinking about which ones made them smile or giggle and which children had been the most creative. Each judge chose a winner and announced their winner and reasons why in our assembly this afternoon.
Thank you to everyone who entered the competition, there were some brilliant entries and we had such a hard time picking our favourites. Keep a look out for the next reading photo competition in the new year!
Well done to our lucky winners – check out their entries below.
- Astra in Yellow class reading her very own pirate ship
- Harvey in Lilac class reading in the park under the climbing frame
- Sienna in Yellow reading before her swimming class
- Edward in Indigo class reading on the washing machine
- Shay in Green class reading his favourite book on the window sill
- Percy in Blue class reading while having a ride on Poppy the donkey
- Tavis and Talia in year 2 reading a story in the woods
- Myles in Purple class reading the dictionary in the shower
- Trayvon in Jade class reading his golden book while waiting for his swimming lesson