Hello Year One!
We can’t wait to see some of you in school this week, either on Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday. When you are not at school, keep doing your fantastic home learning. We LOVE seeing your work so please keep sending photos into firstname.lastname@example.org. We had so many lovely examples this week that we couldn’t choose only five so we put them all into a video for you to enjoy!
This week the whole trust challenge involves creating some artwork, using egg boxes!
- In literacy, we will are focusing on a traditional story from the Ashanti people of Ghana. We will be using the story ‘Anansi the Spider’ but there are lots of different tales you can enjoy on YouTube;
- If you need to recap any sounds you can access the DfE Letters and Sounds YouTube videos to support you;
- In maths, we are learning how to understand place value to 100 .
- In science, we are learning about mammals;
- In history we are learning about the life of Nelson Mandela;
- In art, we are learning to make a picture of African ladies, using colour, pattern and line.
Please check our extra activities for details regarding our first live session!
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Literacy -Anansi writing a narrative||Maths – one more than a value to 100||Science- All about mammals|
|Tuesday||Literacy -Anansi writing a certificate using because||Maths – one less than a value from 100||Art – African lady art|
|Wednesday||Physical Activities||Whole Trust Challenge||Music – understand the difference between rhythm and pulse|
Literacy -Anansi writing a book review
|Maths – to compare values up to 100||History-Nelson Mandela|
|Friday||Literacy – reading quiz||Maths- Place value reasoning problems||PSHE – Celebrating differences|
We are missing you! Enjoy your learning this week!
The Year One Team