Hello Year One!
It was lovely to see some of you in school this week and catch up on all your news! We hope that more of you will join us next week. Remember to continue with the home learning on the days you are not at school.
We will be doing another live story time on Google Meet on Wednesday at 1:45 pm. You will need to be logged into Google in order to access the Google Meeting, please click here for instructions on how sign in. In order to sign in you will need your child’s .306 LGFL log on details which can be found on a sticker in your child’s reading diary. If you would like to attend the live session and do not have those details please email us at email@example.com with your child’s full name, class and school and we will email you back with their log on details. Once you have logged on you will need the nickname for this week’s session, which will be: year1june17. We will be recording the sessions for safety purposes and do ask that an adult is present with all children during these sessions. Once the story has started, please mute your microphone so everyone can hear the story being read out loud. We look forward to seeing lots of you there!
When you are not at school, keep doing your fantastic home learning. We LOVE seeing your work so please keep sending photos into firstname.lastname@example.org. We had so many lovely examples this week, we put them all into a video for you to enjoy!
This week the whole trust challenge involves designing a quiz!
- In literacy, we will start a new story called ‘Mama Panya’s pancakes’. We will learn how to make predictions and how to describe a setting and a character, using adjectives. Please note that we will be making pancakes the following week and you will need to have some flour, milk and eggs!
- If you need to recap any sounds you can access the DfE Letters and Sounds YouTube videos to support you;
- In maths, we are learning how to count in multiples of 2;
- In science, we are learning all about reptiles;
- In history we are learning to use artefacts to find out about the past;
- In art, we will be designing and making some African jewellery;
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Literacy -Describing a setting using adjectives||Maths -counting in multiples of 2||Science- All about reptiles|
|Tuesday||Literacy -Making predictions about characters and events||Maths – make and count multiples of 2||Art – African jewellery|
|Wednesday||Physical Activities||Whole Trust Challenge-designing a quiz||Music -identify high and low pitch notes and compose a melody using them|
Literacy -Describing a character using adjectives
|Maths – use multiples of 2 in repeated addition||History-looking at African artefacts|
|Friday||Literacy – Grammar er and est suffixes||Maths- use multiples of 2 in arrays||RE – The importance of Shabbat to Jewish people|
We are missing you! Enjoy your learning this week!
The Year One Team