Hello Year One!
Welcome back after half term. Wasn’t the weather lovely? We hope you managed to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.
The teachers have really enjoyed seeing the fantastic learning you have been doing. Please keep sending us your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to those who have already done so.
Here are some excellent examples of home learning that has been sent to us:
Thank you Evangeline (Rowan class WH Brigstock) for sharing this sweet letter to a resident in the care home, where your nanny works.
Dharun sai prakash (Shooting stars class, Ecclesbourne) has made a cracking model of a giraffe.
This is a lovely example of Kente cloth by Luca (Green class, Cypress).
Another fabulous model of a gazelle by Daisy (Blue Class, Cypress)
Skandhesh (Rowan class, Brigstock) has enjoyed being a mathematician, using natural materials.
This week the whole trust challenge involves creating as many flags as possible using Lego!
- In literacy, we will are focusing on a traditional story from the Ashanti people of Ghana. We will be using the story ‘Anansi the Spider’ but there are lots of different tales you can enjoy on YouTube;
- In addition to Miss King’s fabulous phonics videos, you can also access the DfE Letters and Sounds YouTube videos to recap any sounds you are not sure about;
- In maths, we are learning how to understand place value to 100 .
- In science, we are learning about animals;
- In history we are learning about the life of Nelson Mandela;
- In art, we are using different materials to create African masks ;
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Literacy -Anansi story retelling||Maths – Counting forwards and backwards from 100||Science- All about pets|
|Tuesday||Literacy -Anansi describing a setting||Maths to count tens and one to 100||Art – African masks|
|Wednesday||Physical Activities||Whole Trust Challenge||Music – read, play and write graphic scores|
Literacy -Anansi describing a special talent
|Maths – to partition numbers within 100||History-Nelson Mandela|
|Friday||Grammar||Maths-Problem solving-revising o’clock and half past times||PSHE – Living in the wider world|
We are missing you! Enjoy your learning this week!
The Year One Team