Hello all Reception children and families.
We hope you all enjoyed your Google Meets last week. We will be running the same sessions this week. Please click here to find out the time and day of your child’s class meet. As always, you will need your child’s LGFL log on to access the meet. If you do not have it please contact your class teacher on the year group email address below. For instructions on how to log into Google Meet please click here.
Please be mindful of the following expectations when logging on for a class meet:
- Children should wear appropriate clothing for any group conferencing session (for example clothing suitable for a working environment);
- The video conferencing device should not be set up in a bedroom;
- Parents must remain present with the child for the session;
- An appropriate background will be used, in a fixed location (i.e. the device will not be moved around);
- All those in the household should be mindful that they might be heard or seen in the background of the home;
- No recordings, photographs, screenshots/screengrabs or stored footage will be made of any kind of teachers or other pupils;
- Children will abide by the usual expectations of school behaviour;
- Children will follow the teacher’s instructions at all times and will be respectful to each other, waiting their turn if necessary.
The class teachers look forward to seeing you at your class meet.
Let’s see who has made it on to our wall of fame this week…..
Yasin, from Beulah Infants, has sent us this photo of his wonderful picture he made. Well done.
Mrs Khajehnouri wanted to say a big well done and thank you to Anastasia, Rachel and Alexandru for their weekly emails during lockdown with videos and photos of their home learning.
Autumn, from Cypress Lower, made friends with the snails and loved making her own snailery. Well done.
Cameron, from Whitehorse Manor Infants, has been sending lots of photos of his home learning. Here is his Snail and the Whale writing. Well done.
Tianna-Lei, from Ecclesbourne Primary, sent us lots of photos of her busy week. Here she is completing last week’s phonic lesson. Well done.
This week’s learning is linked to the text ‘Superworm’ by Julia Donaldson. Here is an overview of what is to come.
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Literacy – Superworm by Julia Donaldson||Maths – Introducing height||Understanding the World – Make your own wormery|
|Tuesday||Phonics – Reading and writing the ‘ur’ digraph.||Maths – Towers challenge||Understanding the World – True or false? Worm facts|
|Wednesday||Literacy – What makes a good question?||Maths – Ordering by height||Personal, Social and Emotional – How to deal with worries|
|Thursday||Phonics – Reading and writing the ‘er’ digraph.||Maths – Comparing size, big and small||Physical Development – Crafting racing worms|
|Friday||Literacy – Hot seating the Wizard Lizard||Maths – Comparing size, big and small continued||Expressive Arts and Design – Make your own Superworm|
We hope you have a great week and look forward to seeing you at the class meets.
The Reception Team