Hello all Reception children and families.
This week, each reception teacher is holding their own individual class Google Meet. Please click here to find out the time and day of your child’s class meet. As always, you will need your child’s LGFL log on to access the meet. If you do not have it please contact your class teacher on the year group email address below. For instructions on how to log into Google Meet please click here.
Please be mindful of the following expectations when logging on for a class meet:
- Children should wear appropriate clothing for any group conferencing session (for example clothing suitable for a working environment);
- The video conferencing device should not be set up in a bedroom;
- Parents must remain present with the child for the session;
- An appropriate background will be used, in a fixed location (i.e. the device will not be moved around);
- All those in the household should be mindful that they might be heard or seen in the background of the home;
- No recordings, photographs, screenshots/screengrabs or stored footage will be made of any kind of teachers or other pupils;
- Children will abide by the usual expectations of school behaviour;
- Children will follow the teacher’s instructions at all times and will be respectful to each other, waiting their turn if necessary.
The class teachers look forward to seeing you at your class meet.
Let’s see who has made it on to our wall of fame this week…..
Desiree, from Beulah Infants, made a bird feeder and placed breadcrumbs in it to feed the birds.
Mark, from Whitehorse Manor Infants, has been busy drawing pictures of flamingoes.
McKenzie, from Brigstock, shows his maths work where he worked out double 10.
Kerim, from Cypress Lower, has been working on his letter formation.
This week’s learning is linked to the text The Bad Tempered Ladybird by Eric Carle. Here is an overview of what’s to come.
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Literacy – ‘The Bad Tempered Ladybird’ by Eric Carle||Mathematics – Ordering items by weight||Understanding the World – Ladybird fact find and quiz|
|Tuesday||Phonics – Reading and writing words with the ‘ow’ digraph||Mathematics – Day time and night time matching activity||Physical Development – Design a healthy snack|
|Wednesday||Literacy – Retelling a story with picture cues||Mathematics – Times of the day sorting activity||Expressive Arts and Design – Design and make your own bug|
|Thursday||Phonics – Reading and writing words with the ‘ar’ digraph||Mathematics – Days of the week and your daily routine||Personal, Social and Emotional – Using kind words|
|Friday||Literacy – Sequencing the day||Mathematics – Telling the time (o’clock)||Expressive Arts and Design – Exploring collage|
Have a great week.
The Reception Team