Welcome to the final week of term!
We cannot quite believe that it is the end of the school year. This week’s Google Meets will provide you with an opportunity to meet your new Year 1 teachers and provide you with a chance to say goodbye to your Reception teachers. For that reason, we really hope to see as many of you there as possible. Here are the times of the Google Meets.
Yellow Class Monday 11am Nickame: yellow1
Red Class Thursday 11am Nickname:bired16
Rockets Class Thursday 10:30am Nickname: rockets
Stars Class Thursday 11am Nickname:stars
Orange Class Monday 11am Nickname: orangecypress
Yellow Class Thursday 10am Nickname: yellowcypress
Red Class Thursday 10:30am Nickname: redcypress
Whitehorse Manor Infants – Brigstock
Thursday 11am Nickname: willowclassmeet
Whitehorse Manor Infants
Red Class Wednesday 10:30am Nickname:whred
Orange Class Wednesday 1pm Nickname: whorange
Blue Class Wednesday 3pm Nickname: whblueclass
Click here for the instructions as to how to join a Google Meet. You will need your child’s LGFL log on to access the Google Meet. If you do not have this, please get in touch through the Reception mailbox as soon as possible and your child’s class teacher will email it to you.
Please be mindful of the following expectations when logging on for a class meet:
- Children should wear appropriate clothing for any group conferencing session (for example clothing suitable for a working environment);
- The video conferencing device should not be set up in a bedroom;
- Parents must remain present with the child for the session;
- An appropriate background will be used, in a fixed location (i.e. the device will not be moved around);
- All those in the household should be mindful that they might be heard or seen in the background of the home;
- No recordings, photographs, screenshots/screengrabs or stored footage will be made of any kind of teachers or other pupils;
- Children will abide by the usual expectations of school behaviour;
- Children will follow the teacher’s instructions at all times and will be respectful to each other, waiting their turn if necessary.
The class teachers look forward to seeing you at your class meet and would like to say a big…
…to all the children, and parents, who have sent in pictures of their home learning. They have loved seeing all of your work and are very impressed with your efforts. It was a joy to see and really brightened their day. Thank you.
This week’s home learning is linked to the book ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ by Eric Carle. Here is an overview of what’s to come….
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Literacy – ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ by Eric Carle||Mathematics – ‘One is a Snail, Ten is a Crab’ by April Pulley Sayre and Jeff Sayre||Understanding the World – Butterfly Life Cycle|
|Tuesday||Phonics – Reading and writing words with the ‘ee’ digraph||Mathematics – Using ‘One is a Snail, Ten is a Crab’ for counting in 2s||Physical Development – The Very Hungry Caterpillar finger puppets|
|Wednesday||Literacy – ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ matching illustrations to sentences||Mathematics – Problem solving||Personal, Social and Emotional – Reflecting on Reception and looking forward to Year 1|
|Thursday||Phonics – Reading and writing words with the ‘or’ digraph||Mathematics – Problem solving||Physical Development – Identifying healthy foods|
|Friday||Literacy – ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ sequencing activity||Mathematics – Challenge day!||Expressive Arts and Design – Printing caterpillars|
We hope you enjoy this final week of home learning. It has been a pleasure teaching you all this year. We hope you have a wonderful summer. Stay safe and we will see you all back at school in September.
The Reception Team