Children have been reminded about the importance of staying safe online. In an inspirational assembly to KS2, they were given a whirlwind guide to potential internet dangers. Here are some important tips:
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
3) Never give out your passwords.
4) Don’t befriend people you don’t know.
5) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do.
6) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
7) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online.
8) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.