It has been lovely to see all of the children back in school this week and I would like to say thank you to everyone for the way you have conducted yourself and followed procedures. The children have really responded well to the measures in place in school and are coping admirably. It would appear that drop off and collection seems to be running smoothly too.
Inevitably, as with anything new, we have noticed a few areas that we can improve on or issues that have become apparent and we will work to address these. Further, if you see something or have any solutions helping us to stay safe, please do let us know. After all, safety is all of our responsibility. Below are some things that can help us all as we move forward.
- If you are the parent of an older child and now feel comfortable that your child is able to make their way to the classroom in the morning without you, then please consider saying goodbye to them at the gate or in Attlee Close. This will help to reduce numbers of people on the school grounds. There will always be staff members on the gate and we will not let children leave the site once they are in. Also, wherever possible, please remember that only one family member should be collecting children. Likewise, if you are happy for your child to make their own way home, please confirm this with the class teacher.
- I know that some of you and your children will have been socialising in ‘bubbles’ outside of school but while you are on the school grounds, please can you maintain social distance and encourage your children to do so too. This will help reinforce the message of ‘bubbles’ in school and reassure others that children aren’t mixing across bubbles.
- We encourage pupils to scoot or cycle to school but when leaving bikes and scooters at the shelter please only touch your own items. When using the pathway, please try to give way to each or move quickly past each other without lingering on the path.
- At the end of the day, whilst waiting to collect your child please spread out and use all the space available and once you have collected your child leave the site as quickly as possible.
- Please can I remind you that the school office is closed to visitors and no one should be entering the school for any reason. Please call the school on 02086843187 or email email@example.com for any queries or to make an appointment.
Once again, thank you all for your support so far in the reopening of our school.