Well done to everyone who took part in last week’s musical quiz. Mr Strutt tells me that the answers were:
- ‘Old Town Road’ – Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus
- ‘I Don’t Care’ – Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber
- ‘This Is Me’ – Keala Settle (From ‘The Greatest Showman’)
- ‘One Kiss’ – Dua Lipa & Calvin Harris
- ‘God’s Plan’ – Drake
- ‘Don’t Call Me Up’ – Mabel
- ‘Uptown Funk’ – Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson
- ‘Blinding Lights’ – The Weeknd
- ‘Dance Monkey’ – Tones and I
- ‘Watch me (Whip /Nae Nae)’ – Silento
This week, I thought I’d share some questions about children’s books that I’ve been testing my friends and family on. Lots of them are from my own children’s favourites. I wonder how many you know. I wonder if you could come up with 10 questions of your own based around books that you’ve been reading during the shut down.
Have a go and see how you get on. Give yourself extra points if you can name all the authors or illustrators. It’s just for fun but if you want to submit your answers through the home learning pages for the attention of Mr Robins, I’ll be delighted to see how you’ve done.
- Who ate three plums on Wednesday and four strawberries on Thursday?
- Can you name the four houses at Hogwarts?
- Which creature has knobbly knees, turned out toes and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose?
- Who lives in Hundred Acre Wood?
- In which collection of books would you find Tommy Brock and Mr Tod?
- In the book Matilda which child is forced to eat a whole chocolate cake?
- What is the name of the Druid who makes Asterix’s secret strength-giving potion?
- In ‘Where the Wild Things are’ what type of party do Alex and the wild things have?
- In which series of books would you find a pair of detective twins, an old sea captain and a little white dog?
- In ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, what is Charlie’s surname?
And just in case you need a bonus tie- breaker, can you say what terrible fate befalls Bernard in Not Now Bernard?