Well done to Ramiro who posted last week’s answers for the Back To School Picture Quiz.
This week, I’ve got the opening line from 12 classic children’s stories that have all been made in to films.
See if you can match the line to the film pictures below. Can you name the author too?.
1.‘What’s that noise?’ said Mrs Hoggett, sticking her comfortable, round, red face out of the kitchen window.
2. Sophie couldn’t sleep. A brilliant moonbeam was slanting through a gap in the curtains.
3.‘Where’s Papa going with that axe?’ said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast.
‘Out to the hoghouse,’ replied Mrs Arable.
4.The Mole had been working very hard all the morning, spring-cleaning his little home.
5. When Mrs Frederick C. Little’s second son arrived, everybody noticed that he was not much bigger than a mouse.
6. Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. .
7.The first place that I can well remember was a large pleasant meadow with a pond of clear water in it.
8. All children, except one, grow up.
9. Most motorcars are conglomerations (this is a long word for bundles) of steel and wire and rubber and plastic, and electricity and oil and gasoline and water, and the toffee papers you pushed down the crack in the back seat last Sunday.
10. It was seven o’clock of a very warm evening in the Seeonee hills when Father Wolf woke up from his day’s rest, scratched himself, yawned, and spread out his paws one after the other to get rid of the sleepy feeling in their tips.
11.Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmond, and Lucy
12.Mr. and Mrs. Brown first met (name) on a railway platform. In fact, that was how he came to have such an unusual name for a …