Sunday July 25th, 10am @ South Norwood Lakes – Beginners @ the park, Easy/Intermediate 8-miler with stretch goals
Something for everyone at the end of term!
After last month’s successful trip out on the Waterlink – in which riders as young as 6 made it to the far end, and home on the train via Surrey Quays – we’ve got time for one more session before the summer holidays.
There’s a beginners’ session at the park with fun activities for ages 3-7 to practice their basic bike skills. (Adults – you will need to accompany your child, but you don’t need to bring your own bike for this one). Free to participate – approx duration 2 hours, but you can drop in/out as you like. No previous experience or participation required for this one.
And for all other ability levels, an 8 mile round trip to Beckenham Place Park via Crystal Palace Park & returning via the Country Park. Those with extra energy can practice their skills on the Beckenham BMX track at the far end, or have an extended explore of the Country Park with its various off-road challenges.
Keep an eye on the weather forecast – bring water, snack, sunscreen.
Assemble 10am near the ice cream kiosk at the Lakes as usual – please read & observe the following rules:
- Don’t come on the ride if you’ve had any symptoms in the last 2 weeks or have been told to isolate.
- When meeting / waiting, please assemble on the grass well away from the paths. Please don’t block the lakeside path or kiosk tables with bikes.
- When riding in the park, please ride single file & slowly – South Norwood Lakes is busier than usual and the paths can be crowded, please be considerate.
- Please be aware that there may not be any loos open on the route – go before you go.
- No unaccompanied kids – sorry, but we’re not licensed/insured to provide child care.
See you then!