This afternoon, the pupil council had their first meeting with Miss Binks. They began by introducing themselves and explaining why they wanted to be on the pupil council. The children then discussed what they liked about the school. Their ideas included:
- sunshine charts and getting rewards for a sunshine days;
- ‘123’ eyes on me as a means of getting attention;
- the school library;
- the classes all have different names;
- the Book hut.
- that the teachers are kind and caring;
- Class dojo points as rewards;
- Coming to school because it helps you learn more;
- Stickers make you feel special.
They also gave some suggestions of how they would like to improve the school and these are being displayed around the school council board. The children have now gone back to class to ask for ideas for a project to help us improve the school.