Welcome back to Autumn 2 at Cypress Lower! We have only had a three day week this week but the children have settled straight back in to their learning and are working really hard. Some new classes have started their stint in Forest School and loved all the opportunities for independence and problem solving in our wonderful woods. Here are a few reminders of things that are coming up in the next few weeks:
- Photographs for children – 10/11/2020 – this year, due to Covid restrictions, the children will be photographed individually (unless they are twins or triplets) and no sibling photos will be taking place
- Remembrance day – 11/11/2020 – the children will be making poppies in their classes and we will mark the silence on Remembrance Day at 11am, during assembly. There will be no official collection this year as we are not selling the poppies but the staff at Lower Site will be raising some money themselves
- Children in Need Assembly 12/11/2020 – Ruby Class will be doing their virtual class assembly all about Children in Need on Thursday, 12th November at 11.00am. More details to follow and Parents/Carers will be welcome to join us ‘virtually’ via Googlemeet that morning
- Children in Need Class Assembly – we will be raising money for Children in Need by having a Pyjama Day on Friday, 13th November. The children can wear their pyjamas, dressing gowns or onesies to school that day in exchange for a £1 donation. They will still need to wear shoes suitable for outside play (trainers or school shoes) and not slippers
- Anti-Bullying week / Friendship week – week beginning 16/11/2020 – there will be lots of activities this week to promote friendship and ensure our children all feel valued and heard at school
- Road Safety Week is coming up during November and there will be important reminders for the children to keep safe on our roads
- Year 2 Phonic Screening Check – 23/11/2020 – due to the children in Year 1 missing out the Phonics Screening Check in the summer term due to Covid, the children in Year 2 will now be taking it in the week beginning Monday, 23rd November
- No Pens Day – 25/11/20 – this is a fantastic day across the Trust when the children down their pens and pencils and learn in different ways!
- Show Racism the Red Card – 27/11/2020 – On Friday, 27th November, the children are invited to wear red clothes (we realise the uniform is also partially red!) and bring a donation for this worthwhile cause
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend!