The Pegasus Academy Trust is supporting the British Red Cross Ukraine Appeal. We are sharing details with families across the Trust, asking for donations from those who can afford to contribute.
Ukraine is in crisis – please donate
It’s a tense, dangerous, and distressing time. Ongoing violence is causing people to flee their homes and become separated from their families. In some areas, water, electricity, and phone connectivity have been affected. Many people are taking cover from the shelling in basements and bomb shelters, but are going without the most basic supplies, like food and water. We must act now to protect people caught up in this crisis, in Ukraine and its bordering countries.
What is the DEC?
The British Red Cross is part of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC), which unites 15 member charities who are experts in humanitarian aid and specialists in different areas of disaster response. The DEC launches appeals during times of monumental suffering, which is the case in Ukraine right now. Please donate to this vital appeal and help The British Red Cross reach families and communities in Ukraine and the border countries.
How will my donation help people in Ukraine?
Your donation will be used to reach people in urgent need, including:
• Providing food, first aid, clean water, shelter support, warm clothing, hygiene parcels and medicines;
• Supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities;
• Supporting fire fighters and civil protection units;
• Training people up in life-saving first aid;
• Helping families stay in contact with each other;
• Educating people on the risks of explosives;
• Repairing vital infrastructure;
• Helping to repair homes, healthcare centres, schools and community centres
For further information visit https://www.redcross.org.uk/