What a triumphant and successful year it has been for School Council this year! Collectively, they have worked extremely hard to ensure they made an impact on everyone’s school experience. They made a promise to make a difference and they did not let us down! They should be tremendously proud of what they have achieved, as their accomplishments were due to their hard work and determination to make a change.
Would you like to know what they have been getting up to this year?
· They visited the Houses of Parliament where they were given a tour and attended a campaigning workshop.
· They fundraised for Anti-bullying/friendship week by conducting an assembly to raise awareness. Children came in dressed in blue with odd socks to raise money for a Buddy Bench.
· They fundraised for NSPCC charity where the children helped organise the sponsored Skip- athon which raised £1,200 for the charity.
· The School Councillors asked their peers about changes they would like made in and around the school. PE equipment was put in the Bottom playground and the ‘5 minute warning’ was introduced as a way to allow the children to calm down before lessons resumed.
· They fundraised for Red Nose Day by getting the children involved in a Dance-aton.
· They were in charge of the Pop- Up Book Hut to promote reading for pleasure.
· They collectively wrote a letter to persuade people to drive safely on Cypress Road when children are travelling to and from school.
· They helped to promote Walk to School week.
Well done to all the School Councillors: Macie , Felice, Ava, Silvana, Joseph, Zariya, Savannah , Natalie, Godiva , Soraya, Sophia and Saeed.